If you are hearing ringing or buzzing noises, and nothing around you is producing those sounds, you probably have what is called tinnitus. You may be aware of that already. You may already have been to your doctor to have your symptoms checked out. If that is so, it is very likely that you have heard that there is really nothing to help your condition, because only approximately 5 percent of tinnitus cases are treatable by conventional medicine. By itself that does not sound very promising, but good hope exists for the rest of the 95% of people who come down with tinnitus. Home treatment for tinnitus can be very effective for nearly all of those who have tinnitus.
Before introducing things you can do at home to help relieve tinnitus symptoms, please heed the following common sense caution. If you have tinnitus symptoms and have not yet been to see your doctor about them, you really should have your symptoms checked out. Some conditions leading to tinnitus respond well to conventional treatment. As an example, your doctor can help you with high blood pressure which is one of the known causes of tinnitus. Tinnitus can arise from the use of certain medications or combinations of medications as a side effect, in which case your doctor can help by prescribing alternative drugs.
Also, something critical may underlie tinnitus symptoms, like a tumor, and you would want your physician to catch that. Critical cases such as that are very rare, but you want to have them checked out, if only to rule them out. In the end, though, conventional medicine is quite limited when it comes to treating tinnitus. Still, all of those other cases are not without hope, for there are home treatments that have proven Tinnitus 911 to be effective for reducing or even eliminating tinnitus symptoms.
The main causative factor for tinnitus is acoustic trauma due to exposure to high decibel sounds. Along with advances in technology and industry, we are now exposed to a lot of loud sounds and noises. Being around the noisy machines of a workshop can hurt the hearing receptors located within the inner ear and give rise to tinnitus. Exposure to the highly amplified music at rock concerts or night clubs is notorious for causing hearing damage and tinnitus. Avoiding loud sound environments or protecting our ears by wearing ear plugs or muffs during exposure to such high volume sound can help to lessen tinnitus, or keep it from worsening.
Watching what we eat can also help. Certain food products are known to cause or exacerbate tinnitus in many cases. For example, intake of sugar, salt, and saturated fats should be reduced or avoided, as should the caffeine found in tea, coffee and certain soft drinks. Meals that are well-balanced, consisting of a lot of good vegetables and fruits are proven to help increase overall health and reduce tinnitus. Smoking and alcohol consumption are also known contributors to tinnitus and should be avoided.
Daily exercise is another important factor for tinnitus relief. Frequent physical activity improves circulation and the immune system which helps the body to heal itself. Very often tinnitus serves as a warning signal that the body is in need of a good overall health tuneup, and exercise will help.
Another top cause of tinnitus is stress. Greater awareness of the stress in one’s daily life is a good first step. Then learn ways to reduce that stress. Relaxation techniques can be very helpful and important to practice for tinnitus symptom reduction.
In many cases, finding lasting tinnitus relief demands the simultaneous application of several such home treatments. In this article I have introduced a few of the common ways we can begin to find tinnitus relief at home, and you can begin working them now. For a much more comprehensive understanding of home treatment for tinnitus, I recommend Thomas Coleman’s book, Tinnitus Miracle. Tinnitus Miracle offers the most thorough presentation of home treatments for tinnitus that I have yet come across. Within the 263 pages of his book, Coleman also presents a detailed plan for implementing home therapies in a manner that leads to significant reduction of symptoms in 2 to 3 weeks, and complete removal of symptoms in as little as 2 or 3 months